MAIA DVORACEK, CAL POLY
WOMEN'S VOLLEYBALL PLAYER OF THE WEEK
Junior • OH • Truckee, Calif. • Truckee HS
WOMEN'S VOLLEYBALL DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK
Junior • MB • Bellflower, Calif. • Mayfair HS
• Cal Poly junior Maia Dvoracek her fifth Big West Women’s Volleyball Player of the Week honor this season after averaging 5.43 kills per set in two conference wins that wrapped up the regular season.
• Dvoracek is the first Mustang to earn five weekly awards in one season since Kylie Atherstone collected six in 2007.
• The 6-foot-1 outside hitter notched her 17th and 18th straight matches with double figure kills with 16 against UC Irvine and 17 versus Cal State Fullerton.
• Dvoracek hit .338 (38-11-80) with a match-high kill totals against both the Anteaters and Titans. Her 22 kills against CSF represented the seventh time this season she has gone for at least 20 in a match.
• The Truckee native had 10 kills in the first set alone in Cal Poly’s sweep of UCI.
• She added three service aces in each match and totaled 15 digs and three blocks over the two contests.
Others nominated: Leonie Strehl (UC Davis); Lindsey Ruddins (UC Santa Barbara); Norene Iosia (Hawai‘i)
SKYLER WILLIAMS, HAWAI‘I
AMBER IGIEDE, HAWAI‘I
WOMEN'S VOLLEYBALL FRESHMAN OF THE WEEK
MB • Baton Rouge, La. • St. Michael The Archangel
• Junior Skyler Williams captured her second Big West Women’s Volleyball Defensive Player of the Week award this season as her play at the net helped Hawai‘i clinch sole possession of the 2019 regular season conference title.
• The 6-foot-1 middle blocker tallied 10 total blocks and averaged 1.67 kills per set to help the Rainbow Wahine sweep CSUN and Long Beach State on back-to-back nights.
• Williams recorded a match-high six blocks (one solo) against the Matadors while adding five kills and two digs.
• In the regular season finale, Williams logged four blocks while hitting .500 with seven kills and two digs.
• Williams was a force at the net, and a major reason UH edged CSUN and LBSU by a combined 19.0-8.0 margin in the blocks category.
Others nominated: Madilyn Mercer (Cal Poly); Perri Starkey (UC Davis); Rowan Ennis (UC Santa Barbara)
• Amber Igiede garnered her first Big West Women’s Volleyball Freshman of the Week honor, closing out the regular season with solid contributions in home sweeps of CSUN of Long Beach State.
• The 6-foot-3 middle blocker averaged 2.17 kills, 1.00 blocks and 0.50 digs per set while hitting .500 in the two wins.
• Igiede had a total of 13 kills with just one error as the two wins propelled UH to a 14-2 Big West record and the conference title.
• She had eight kills on 14 errorless swings in the CSUN win, adding one service ace, a dig and four blocks (one solo).
• Against the Beach, she posted five kills and hit .400 while notching a pair of blocks and two digs.
Others nominated: Demari Webb (UC Davis); Deni Wilson (UC Santa Barbara)